Tuesday, April 03, 2018

When only a frill will do

Sonata just reminded me of a Victoria Wood anecdote. The wonderful Ms Wood realised she had passed a certain milestone age when the catalogues that came through her letterbox changed from sexy lingerie to easy-to-open tupperware and stair lifts. One particular item drew her attention: a wheelie-bin cover in beech effect. You'll find the story on her marvellous Victoria at the Albert live show.

So I was thinking that perhaps I need little covers for my food waste recycling bins. Perhaps a little cosy with either a cabbage or a chicken on top. That would help me identify which one was which, wouldn't it?

All I need now is someone handy with a crochet hook.

P.S. I've just goggled images for food waste bins and found them sadly unimaginative. 
P.P.S. Anyone reading my blog for the first time might imagine that I am, in fact, the prototype for Hyacinth Bucket ... (I'm not.)
P.P.P.S. Maybe something like this.
What do you think?

2 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Definitely the pink, but then you'd have to make a matching cover for your car, wouldn't you ....

Liz Hinds said...

You're a sewer, Sonata! Ooh, I never noticed that sewer and sew-er look the same.