Tuesday, April 03, 2018

Either Bouchard or RSI is my expert opinion

Have I mentioned my knobbly knuckle?

I think I did. Well, last week, with my expert medical training (watching Grey's Anatomy and House) I diagnosed it as a Bouchard's Node (as opposed to a Heberden node which is on the higher joint). This week I'm not so sure.

Yesterday I was on the computer very little and today my knuckle is far less knobbly. So now I'm opting for RSI. Repetitive Strain Injury caused by mouse manipulation. (It's my mouse finger.)

We medical experts have to be open to changing our diagnoses. 

2 comments:

Jono said...

Dr. Google can be helpful, too. I don't know how many times I have diagnosed bubonic plague using info from the good doctor.

Liz Hinds said...

I hadn't considered that but now you mention it, Jono.