Tuesday, February 06, 2018

Putting on the squeeze

Every so often in life, as a woman, you can look forward to that special moment. The moment when you get all the attention. The moment when they smile at you and say ... 'You might begin to feel the squeeze now.' 

And you grimace and say, 'You mean what I'm feeling already isn't a squeeze?'
And the next moment you find out that what they mean by a squeeze and what you mean by a squeeze is different by the power of ten. It's so tight you think your poor boob is going to be permanently flattened afterwards.

Yes, it's mammogram time again. My appointment is this afternoon but at least it's not in a car park this time. Having said that, being in Tesco's car park meant there was no problem parking. This afternoon I'm at Breast Test Wales, which is city central and car park distant. And at 4.20 so I'll be hitting rush hour traffic too.

Still mustn't grumble. Even if screening doesn't have a particularly good reputation or success rate it makes me think I'm being proactive, which is always a good thing when it comes to your health.

I won't be saying that at about half past four this afternoon though.
mammogram breast test

I exaggerate not I promise you.




3 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Can't be that time again !!?

Liz Hinds said...

It is! Times passes faster as I age.

nick said...

Ouch! Jenny flatly refuses to have mammograms.