Sunday, December 17, 2017

Was it something I said?

A number of bloggers on my list seem to blog infrequently now. I don't mean 'now' as specifically Christmas time but over recent months. So I looked for some new ones to visit and found three who both blogged and return visited and whose blogs I enjoyed - I am quite fussy. And would you believe it: Sharon has disappeared and Luna has denied me access to her blog. (I don't know if I've upset her and it's just me she's denied access or whether it was another reason for her to make her blog by permission only.) 

I could get a complex about this.

But more important things: we've finally got our Christmas tree up and decorated. 

Choosing the tree has been an annual event for as long as I can remember - although I don't recall being involved as a child. My mum had a variety of contacts and she may well have just 'acquired' one rather like the turkey that turned up, still slightly feathered, each year.

Husband and I were on our own when we chose the tree this year - Daughter and family whom we'd arranged to meet there hadn't yet turned up - so it didn't take quite as long as usual. Also the farm had lots on display rather than all lying on top of each other and  hundreds having to be picked up, shaken and examined.

A highlight of the outing remains meeting and feeding the reindeer.
reindeer on Gower
And seeing piglets and lambs. This little one was the only one of his siblings with a straight tail.
I am not very up on animal husbandry: do all tails start out straight and gradually curl or is he fated to be the odd one out for all of his life?

I'll post photos of the tree later. I know you can't wait to see it!


5 comments:

Ole Phat Stu said...

All pigs like to keep their tails curled, but there is an easy and painless way to make them (temporarily) straight : just stroke the pigs back over a 40cm distance towards the root of the tail.

I refer you to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CGJq_XBYks

Trubits of Life. said...

Hello Liz,
I hope you are recovering from your 'sausage trauma'? and MOST importantly not doing too much physical work.....abdominal procedures, particularly for ladies can easily cause hernias...I know this. as most of my reproductive organs and appendics are now in the pickle jars sitting on window ledges in NHS laboratories, awaiting what ever they do with spare bits and pieces in student lectures, (I believe), my nephew is a surgeon and likes to impart gory stories, particularly over the dinner table.
I do still read your blogs but must confess not having done so for a few weeks, so I hope I'm still your friend xx
Love Di xxx

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

The non-curly pig seems to be standing in everyone's lunch. What with that and the 'in your eye' tail, it's probably not the shy and retiring type.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Hello Liz .. It really isn't anything you have done or said. I think this is going on all over the Blogger world. I think Blogging has taken a major hit , Face Book is a lot to do with it and Instagrammer . (I do like Instagram) I want to keep blogging as it keeps my mind active , but is it really worth it .. I will give it another few months. Yes I know I have to be more active on Blogging but I also have to have places of interest and time to do. Take Care and a Merry Christmas to You, Mike and Family. xx

Jimmy said...

I have noticed a lot of bloggers have taken a break it seems, I have done the same in the past but I never completely shut down nor made mine private, as for right now I think a lot of people are just busy with visitors and preparation for Christmas, I have been trying to keep up with my posting but have had a hard time getting around to everyone's blogs although I do try.

We have all of our decorations up and gifts bought, none of the kids will be here this year so our day will be really quiet.

It looks like you had a great time at the farm feeding the reindeer and other critters, I don't think that I have ever seen a straight tailed pig.