Saturday, November 25, 2017

A week in the life of

Monday
Cleaned - but only the bits people can see - and then worked on Christy's book.

Tuesday
Gentle Exercise Class in the morning. I missed the week before (sickness) and felt it. We did a lot of stretching exercises, which may sound easy and gentle but trust me they're not. They hurt at the time and the next couple of days, well ... Let's just say if I saw something on the floor I had to stop and ask myself, 'Does it really need to be picked up now? Or could it stay there for a day or two?'

In the afternoon I made a birthday cake for Lily in Zac's.
I was originally on the rota to lead Zac's but Steve had offered to swap with me as I'd been under the weather. It turned out to be a good move as there was some disruption. Of course I may live to regret it if there's even more next week.

Wednesday
Looking after GrandDaughter2. Singing in the library followed by lots of playing. My attempt to get her to sleep all cwtched up watching Bing failed as did the story of The Tiger Who Came to Tea on the bed. Had to resort to driving around until she fell asleep.

Off to Slimming World - I lost half a pound this week - before coming home for my belated birthday dinner cooked by Husband. He makes The Best shepherd's pie in the world.

Then made another cake for Lily, to share with Margaret this time, in Rubies on Thursday.

Thursday
We had a guest speaker in Rubies his morning: Cerys from Ogof Adullam, the homeless drop-in. She told us about growing up, how she'd become a Christian, and how she'd met her now husband which had led to all sorts of changes in her life. She spoke particularly about how, looking back, she could God at work throughout.

Then it was down to Pennard for GrandDaughter1's birthday tea. Ate too much but had good fun. Played Row, row, row your boat over vigorously with GrandSon2, fed slivers of orange into random children's mouths, and caught sick in my hand.

Afterwards Husband said, 'I don't know how you keep going; I find them exhausting.'
'I'm a granny: I have superpowers.'

We were going to watch the lights being turned on in Mumbles but decided we couldn't face the crowds so instead went home and watched episode 5 of series 2 of I Know Who You Are. Elias is really very evil.

Friday
Birthday breakfast at a Toby Inn for Lily and Margaret (in the picture with Helen, who shares leading the group with me).


Followed by child-minding. Daughter is co-chair of the school pta and was very involved in organising last night's Festive Fayre, a Christmas shopping evening (with prosecco and pies).  When I finally got home Husband asked me, 'Was she very stressed?'
'Last time I saw her she was sampling vodkas, so no.'

Saturday
Looked after GrandSon4 while his parents went Christmas shopping at the car boot sale. And this afternoon I'm off to the pictures to see Paddington 2 with GrandDaughter1 and family. Then we're off to dinner at Younger Son's. We'll record the rugby (Wales v the All Blacks) and watch it when we get home.

And that's why I haven't done any blogging this week. Even though I've had a few things I wanted to write about I've not had time. And now I can't remember what they were ...

P.S. Remembered two of them to blog about later: black friday, waken up your senses.

P.P.S. I feel tired just reading this post. Must keep reminding myself I'm old!





1 comment:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

It does sound exhausting and great fun. I'm thoroughly envious .