Friday, October 27, 2017

Don't use the ty bach!

So Husband came home, I told him the problem and he bombarded me with questions. Beginning with, 'Where's the manual?'
'Where's the manual?! Are you feeling well, dearest? You never consult a manual!'

But he did - after I'd found it - only to discover their advice was to do exactly what I'd done. Except the turning it off before sticking fingers in rotating wotsits bit.

I went out leaving him to it. 

I came home to find an un-repaired washing-machine.

And the proper repair man can't come until a week Monday and then it'll cost £250.

Husband is looking at replacements instead. We've not had any problems with it before and it is eleven years old so fair play, it's done well by today's standards.

In the meantime who'd like to do my washing for me, please?

ty bach water closetP.S. While Husband was failing to repair my washing-machine I was enjoying myself at Gower Heritage Centre with Younger Son, Nuora and GrandSon4. While there I visited - but definitely didn't use - the Ty Bach. It's a listed Ancient Monument, possibly the smallest in the country. Cosy though with accommodation for two.


7 comments:

Sharon said...

Ouch! A new washer ... Remember when they used to last 20 or even 30 years? I'm anticipating the same event at any time. Are you going to have to go to the laundromat or can you hold out till a new one is delivered?

Ty bach - It looked to me like an old privy, but I had to look it up just to make sure what I was seeing was what I thought I was seeing. Haha, I question myself more and more these days. ;-)

Liz Hinds said...

I don't think we've been very lucky with washing machines until this one, Sharon. They've never lasted very long. Glad you worked out ty bach - little room! Or rather room little.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SmitoniusAndSonata said...

You'd have to travel to a university town and really hunt to find a laundromat , these days . They're considered really quaint now .

Jimmy said...

At eleven years old you just may be money ahead buying a new one, we had to do that ourselves a couple years ago.

Liz Hinds said...

Indeed, launderettes aren't a common place as they used to be, sonata.

I think that will be the best option, Jimmy, sad as i am to say it.

Jay said...

Haha! That sounds familiar. "Where's the manual?" "But you never read the manual!" :D

I don't like the look of that ty bach.