Wednesday, September 06, 2017

Over-excited? Moi?

After singing at the library I walked Grand-Daughter2 in her pushchair - she was asleep - along the prom. We got as far as the arcade where I dithered about going on to the pier as I feared it might be a bit windy at the end but decided to give it a try. I was about halfway along when a man on a bicycle came whizzing past me. Closely followed by a running man.
'This can only mean one thing,' I said to the sleeping infant. 'They're launching the lifeboat!'

I scurried down and asked the lady in the shop. She said, yes, they were indeed, and I could watch from upstairs. She told me where to find the lift - although it took me longer than it might have as it was cunningly concealed behind the photo of a lifeboatman - and we got in. Now I've never been in a lift where you have to keep your  finger on the Up button if you want it to keep going up ... so again it took me longer than it should have done but, thankfully, they were waiting for a chap who was holding on tight to the lifeboat to let go. I think maybe he wanted to go too and they wouldn't let him.
I have lived in this area for roughly 55 years and this is the first time I've seen the lifeboat being launched. Over-excited? Me? Hardly at all. I grinned all the way home. Which possibly isn't entirely appropriate as the lifeboat is usually only launched if someone's in trouble. But I was so thrilled!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Cool!

I sure hope those in the life boat were successful!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

I can quite see why you're grinning!