Friday, September 08, 2017

A record-breaker!

I don't know if it's the increased frequency with which I am writing, the top SEO blogging tips I've been trying to follow, or just a blip in google's counter but this blog had 624 page views yesterday!!!

That's the most it's ever had. The number has been creeping up so that I was becoming blase about 200-300 views but when I hit 400 and something I was quite excited. 

I expect someone will tell me that page views aren't the same as visitors and I'm sure that many clicked on the page and instantly clicked out again on seeing what it was. But numbers are numbers and for want of a better system I'll settle for this and be jolly pleased.

I would be more pleased - of course there has to be a criticism - if more people left comments. I've tried ending with a question to inspire response but maybe my posts are too bland to encourage discussion.

Note to self: work on it.

1 comment:

Beside a babbling brook... said...

I use StatCounter. And pay attention to the Unique Visits. For a more true vision, of what's going on with my blog.

Wish all who read, would comment, but..... That just doesn't happen.

Concerning "replying" to Comments.... I do it simply. I go to commenter's blogs and read/comment.

Never return-comments, in my own blog comments. Because that expects people to read my post once, and comment. And then!! Go back and read my post again, to look for a return comment from me, to their comment.

Who has the time?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?