Monday, June 05, 2017

The unbearable longing for denim

When I was in 3 North in Glanmor Grammar School Pauline Greatrex came in one day wearing a denim bomber jacket she'd bought in an Oxfam shop. I was so envious. I have wanted a denim jacket ever since. I'm not sure why I've never bought one.

On Saturday I tried one on in Sainsburys. The shoulders stuck out a bit but it reminded of my yearning. I will have one!

P.S. I'm not sure how she got away with wearing a denim jacket to Glanmor: they were very strict about uniform. We had to wear our berets, at least while we were in sight of the school, and we had regular skirt length measurements.

2 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

Hello from Idaho and found your blog though the way of Cherie's. I had a few denim jacket and I like them.
But over the years I became heavy and they don't do much for a fat person.

If you fine the time stop in for a cup of coffee

Liz Hinds said...

I agree that they probably look better on slim, tall, young women, Dora! But hey.