Saturday, August 13, 2016

The great cake inventor

While walking today I invented a cake!

It's not everyone who can - or would want to - say that. It occurred to me that i'd never seen a recipe for a blackberry cake and then it occurred to me: what's to stop me inventing one? 

So I shall make it on Tuesday and the Zaccers can be my guinea-pigs. Of course the fact that there isn't one already - to my knowledge - suggests there may be a good reason for that. But if you look at Nigella's Kitchen book and the photo of her seed cake you'll notice that it's very sunken in the middle. She says that's okay because that's the way it's meant to be. So should my blackberry cake go wrong I shall say, as is my right as inventor, that it's meant to be like that.

Win win.

And of course if it's a huge success it could become as famous as black cherry gateau or the victoria sponge and I could become famous as the inventor and Mr. Kipling would have to pay me lots of money to mass produce my blackberry cake, and I might insist on having my name on the packet. In hand-writing. Like Linda McCartney. But not my hand-writing as that's not very good. And not Linda McCartney's as that would be confusing.

I've never thought of inventing a cake before. I've always stuck to recipes but I know the basics so what could possibly go wrong? 

And before you say you've just googled it and there is a recipe for blackberry cake, it's not for MY blackberry cake. 

To be continued.


2 comments:

Rose said...

Haha, be sure to show pictures when you make one!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

I'm looking forward to it already ! Will you be using fresh ones or one of those jars ?