Sunday, July 31, 2016

Dig a hole? How big?

I went to see someone in hospital yesterday and as I left the car to go into the ward I prayed earnestly, 'Please, God, don't let me say anything stupid. PLEASE, don't let me say anything stupid.'

You see I have a tendency to panic and, with good intentions, say things in an attempt to lighten the mood but very quickly I realise that what I've said is totally inappropriate. People sometimes laugh but sometimes they stare at me in a 'You do realise you've said something completely inappropriate, don't you? Are you completely insane?' way. And, to be honest, that's the more normal reaction.

But thank you, God, I didn't yesterday. At least I don't think I did. I wasn't aware that I did because when I do become aware I keep digging in an effort to put it right.

On the other hand I may have said something inappropriate when speaking to Dave and Sarah earlier in Sainsburys. If I did I am very sorry!

I'm not very good at talking. And this morning I'm not very good at writing either; I can't think of words.



No comments: