Saturday, May 02, 2015

To the bathroom: an apology

Dear Bathroom,

I meant to clean you on Wednesday. But then the sun shone so we went to the secret bluebell woods instead and I didn't.

Then I was going to clean you on Thursday but over-due Daughter wanted company so I didn't.

And I was definitely planning to clean you on Friday but the midwife made Daughter stressed so I had to do some big and little child-minding. So I didn't.

I would have cleaned you this morning but last night the grandchildren came for a sleepover that lasted until lunchtime. I still thought I could clean you this afternoon but somehow, time has just slipped by, so I haven't.

I suggest you try and remember the words of Scarlett O'Hara, 'Tomorrow is another day,' while I sing, 'Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think, while you're still in the pink.'

No comments: