Sunday, December 07, 2014

The plague cloud passes over

We are finally emerging from underneath the plague cloud that has been hovering over our house for the last week or so. It all began when Daughter and her family moved in with us last Sunday ...

First it was GrandSon2 with an ear infection then Daughter with tonsillitis and then me with tonsillitis too. Oh yes and Husband had a poorly stomach on his birthday (Monday) and even George joined in being very unpleasantly sick.

You know how it is sometimes: you can go for ages without seeing a doctor then you find yourself a daily visitor to waiting-rooms. 

The good news is that George and GrandSon2 are better and I am almost. Daughter is still suffering but mostly with back-ache, a side effect of pregnancy I think. Husband was better but has had a recurrence of stomach problems today - so much so that he did wonder if it were a repeat of last year's trouble i.e. an intestinal blockage, but now thinks it's probably not.

What else apart from sickness has been happening in our household? As I say, Daughter and family have moved in but are probably moving out again next weekend as they're renting a house (as their house in Devon didn't sell in time they're renting that out to give them time to look around). As we also have Younger Son and Nuora with us for another couple of weeks that means there are six adults, two children, two dogs, one cat and two fish currently in residence. Such fun!

On the plus side it's a good excuse to go and have Verdi's ice cream plus Daughter is a big Christmasaphile so I get to watch Christmas movies with her. Last night we enjoyed (well, she and I did) Christmas with the Cranks - and she has a whole box of dvds!

I'm sure there's more but the week has been a bit of a blur and this week with a variety of hospital and other appointments (not for me but the baby I've been helping to support) it doesn't look as if it's going to clear any time soon. But better busy than ill any day!

6 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

Sounds manic Liz - we are having a quiet Christmas...ahem....I WAS cooking Christmas Dinner for 8 now it's just the 2 of us. Flounces at Christmas courtesy of Sister in Law!

Rose said...

Oh my, glad you are all on the mend! No matter how careful you are, it seems germs can spread through a house like wildfire. I think I missed something--when is the new grandbaby arriving? I remember when you were jealous of my being a grandmother because you didn't have any yet, and now you've almost caught up with me:) Well, almost--my daughter is expecting her first child around the first of the year--so excited!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Glad to hear that you're all recovering .There's nothing worse than the all-invasive stomach bug ... unless it's the sore throat one .

Katney said...

Yes, as Rose said, you mention expectations...

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Yes it does sound manic , and with everyone being ill , hope everyone gets well soon. I would be going crazy with everyone in the house , but you are all support for each other. take care, Yes it is better to be busy than ill , hope the baby gets the help too.

Liz Hinds said...

Ooh dear, Mrs N! I bet you and Jon will have a fab time!

And now your new baby is here, Rose!

This bug seems to be particularly hard to shift, Sonata, but finally it does seem to be on its way out.

Daughter is expecting Baby3 in April, Katney!

We're over the worst now, Anne, thank goodness.