Thursday, July 31, 2014

In which Husband discovers Facebook

Husband has discovered Facebook.

I say discovered but that's not strictly true: he's known about it and my obsession for a long time, and has called it a time-waster. But now he's finding out just how much of a time-waster it is.

It took him a good morning to set up an account and then several more hours in total asking, 'What's this? Why does it do that? How do I do this?' As I usually don't know the answers the hours quickly mounted up. But now he's there and having a great time. 

He's decided to post lots of photos so each time I come to Facebook I do so with some trepidation for fear of what he might have exposed next. When I had an email saying '...tagged you in a photo with fuzzy hair,' I groaned. Oh no, which horrendous photo had he used - the selection is wide after all. It turned out to be innocuous - this time anyway.

And of course he's started commenting on others' posts. Younger Son was complaining of a bad eye infection and Husband wrote GWS.

GWS? GWS? Younger Son and I both screeched in indignation. (Younger Son feels the same as I do about text-talk.) Husband reassured me by saying he had no intention of using text-talk for before or see you or any of the others. No, he's going to make up his own.

Can you hear me sighing?

7 comments:

nick said...

It won't be long before he's complaining about the lack of likes and shares and crisp, witty comments. And all the people who're not signing that very important petition he linked to. And then he's desperately posting pics of fluffy kittens because they always get at least 793 likes.

CherryPie said...

It took me a little while to figure out what GWS means...

Liz Hinds said...

I think it will take him a while to get through all the old photos he's posting, Nick. And then he'll start fretting about 'nobody's reading my posts!

Me too, cherrypie!

Rose said...

Ok, now I'm going to have to figure out what GWS means:) My daughter set up a Facebook account for my husband on his phone, but he still hasn't figured out how to use it. This explains all those gangster/moll pictures I've seen lately of the two of you:)

Liz Hinds said...

Get well soon, Rose! Yes, I'm afraid it does.

Leslie: said...

Tell him I'm going to "friend" him! LOL

Katney said...

I have also considered friending him, but it seems I see him every time I open FB as it is.