Sunday, June 08, 2014

Garden clearer for hire

Once again I feel inspired to set myself up as a professional garden clearer.

I am highly qualified and I base all my work on three simple rules.
1. If a plant has deep roots it's a weed.
2. If it has shallow roots it's almost definitely a weed.
3. Anything in between, I don't take chances but assume it's a weed.

These three little rules have stood me in good stead in the main - although I may, this afternoon, have inadvertently destroyed the solitary lupin and snapdragon in our garden that looked as though they might flower. But you wouldn't have been able to see them anyway with all the weeds.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could go into business with my DH - he has no idea what is weed or plant so he leaves well alone. The weeds have strangled some plants and disentangling them is a mammoth task. I have not strangled DH - yet!

Leslie: said...

I haven't even been out in the garden lately, but I can see weeds from the window and the patio chair where I sit to watch Lorne tend his tomato plants and herbs, mow the lawn, fell some trees, etc. It's all I can do to empty the dishwasher with this blasted ankle of mine! Are you really for hire? lol

Liz Hinds said...

Ideal, Shirl!

You wouldn't want me in your garden if you have plants you value though, Leslie!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

This is going to make me giggle at inconvenient moments all day !