Sunday, March 31, 2013

R.I.P. Jams

I heard just before we went away last week that Jams (Shaun), another blogger, had died suddenly.

I've virtually known Jams for years: he was one of my earliest visitors and has stayed faithful, reading and commenting. I've got to know him and his cats well, and had glimpses of the lovingly-named not-wife. Shaun and Shirley have been together for over thirty years.

I pray that Shirley, as she comes to deal with the gaping hole that his death will leave, will find comfort in knowing that he was so well-liked and respected in the blogging world.


7 comments:

Katney said...

Oh, dear. I too have known Jams, though have not encountered him as much lately through not being involved in as many memes in common as earlier on. May he rest in peace.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Sending a prayer and a hug xx

Jay at The Depp Effect said...

I didn't know Jams, but it's always an awful shock when someone we know online passes away. I've experienced this on a forum I belong to.

I'm so sorry.

Steve Hayes said...

Very sad.

He was one of the bloggers I found through Bloglog, which is also, sadly, no more.

Furtheron said...

Sad to hear that.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

{'m very sorry . Obviously someone who will be sadly missed .

Anonymous said...

I was so sorry to read about Jams. We had the same birthday in common and you made us some virtual Welshcakes in 2009.
Wendy (Wales)