Friday, January 18, 2013

My next job will be as a fire alarm

Part of my job is to test the fire alarm in work. When I set it off I cringe and mentally prepare myself for the eeeeaaa-aaaawww eeeeeaaa-aaaaaaaww that will follow. But today it didn't. 

I was there doing that 'any minute now' shrinking back bit and nothing happened. 'Oh.' 'Oh dear.' 'Oh my, what do I do now?' 'I know!'

I ran through the hall shouting, 'Fire! Fire!'

Just as effective I think. Sadly quilters weren't in this morning - put off by the snow - to be impressed by my performance.

P.S. According to the control box the alarm was disabled but I was totally unable to enable it again even with the aid of a thirteen-page manual.




3 comments:

Jay at The Depp Effect said...

Oh no! But what if you're the only one there and there's a fire? Who's going to alert YOU?

You need to get that sucker fixed!!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

I agree ... the alarm must be enabled immediately !
But you wouldn't have scared the quilters .... we're a sturdy lot . Doughty is the word that comes to mind . Yoga ladies ? That's another matter .

Liz Hinds said...

But I don't wnat to call out the repair man for him to tell me it's my fault for not pressing 'that' button.

Tell me about quilters, sonata! Ours scare me to death!