Tuesday, June 05, 2012

The number of the ...

Oh look, my visitor count is 121112, which just happens to be my 60th birthday! Not really very interesting unless you're weird about numbers.


* * * * * * * * *
Remember my 'sports injury' from a few weeks' ago? Well, what began as an insignificant carpet burn has turned into two gungy blotches on my elbow. With another one on my hand. 


I've been using savlon but wasn't sure whether I should cover them or leave them exposed to air so I called in and asked the advice of the chemist (who was very indecisive). Afterwards, Husband, who'd been with me, said, 'Didn't you feel even a little embarrassed telling the chemist you had a carpet burn on your elbow?'
'No, why should ... oh, no! You mean he might have thought ... oh no! Should I go back and explain?'
Husband dragged me away suggesting I might have said too much already.


* * * * * * * * *
I was still in bed at 5 to 9 this morning when the phone rang. I contemplated not answering but decided that a call at that time on a bank holiday must be something really urgent. 
The person on the other end of the phone, after doing the 'I hope it's not too early' apology that isn't really an apology, asked if Linden was available on 15th September.


I might have been a tad churlish not to mention unhelpful in my reply.

2 comments:

nick said...

Goodness, I could do without such gruesome photos. Quite put me off my Pringles.

Liz Hinds said...

Sorry, Nick!