Sunday, January 15, 2012

Husband dear, would you mind ...

Husband finished painting the lounge on Tuesday; yesterday we went out and ordered carpet (which was quite easy as we could only find one carpet shop and the choice of green carpets there was limited). Now all I have to do is decide what I want Husband to repaint as the colour scheme doesn't look quite right.


Husband is resigned to this, or maybe I should say used to this. We rarely manage to decorate a room without me changing my mind at some point after he's started.


I suggested we should repaint the woodwork - if you recall by the time I'd got round to choosing suitable paint I'd lost the will - but Husband suggested re-painting the yellow wall - as we have lots of leftover 'drab' paint and won't have to buy any more. As the yellow wall was my token gesture to his request for warm yellow colours I'll probably let him do that.


Except now he's got me worrying that the room might look too cold rather than the calm serene effect I'm going for.


And he says that George won't be allowed in there when it's all finished. Yeah, right.

4 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

Been there Liz - just finished our lounge yesterday - a couple of sockets to replace this afternoon. Our lounge is 30' long and we only shelled out £216 for a carpet - handy having a carpet fitter as a friend. Dogs + expensive carpets don't go but Ella the puss is banned from lounge.......at the moment! lol! Hope we see pictures.

Dxx

CalumCarr said...

Liz, I wonder sometimes ..... :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SmitoniusAndSonata said...

George surely doesn't eat carpets , too ?!