Monday, October 31, 2011

Mobile meditations

I'd parked in a very narrow road and was putting some stuff in the car when a van approached. I thought I'd better move out of the way and close the door so he could pass rather than keep him waiting. I slammed the door shut, tried to move away ... and discovered I'd shut my coat in the door.

I shrugged and squeezed in against the car but the van-driver signalled to me to set myself free, which I did with a very embarrassed grin.

Why do these things happen to me? I was pondering this when I drove away and as they do one thought led to another.

There's a person I know whose every communication is godly and sweet and positive, so much so that I don't bother paying any attention. I've even been known to do sick-making gestures. In the car as I thought this I verbally slapped my wrist but then realised that God loves me just as much as the godly person even though I'm so rubbish and ungodly. Which is pretty amazing when you think about it.

If only he would stop stupid things like getting my coat stuck in the door happening. I could be a much better person then ... I know I could.

No comments: