Thursday, June 02, 2011

Yesterday in Devon

GrandDaughter mixes a magic potion in Granddad's tea-cup. Drop of tea and bit of crisp, soggy bread and crumb of cake, mix it well and mix it long and you'll find a froggy before too long.
The sweetest flower of all.'Oh look, GrandDaughter, a big fat caterpillar.' I'd like to say that the photo is out of focus deliberately so you can see what I saw without my glasses but it was a fortunate accident. Turns out that what Granny was so carefully pointing out to GrandDaughter was two butterflies enjoying a bit of nookie in the warm afternoon sunshine.
I didn't even know butterflies had sex!

6 comments:

Shirley Davis (crafter) said...

Maybe they were just necking...along the lines of 2 fifteen-year olds allowed to go do one of their bedrooms by a gullible parent who really believes their own child doesn't have sex...

love Cynical Shirl xx (smilingly)

Katney said...

Hmmmm...

then I wonder where caterpilars come from.

Leslie: said...

I didn't know that either, but then I guess...that's where the caterpillars come from. *huh*

Liz Hinds said...

That's it, shirl! I knew it was innocent.

Not cocoons then, katney? I need to read up on the mating habits of butterflies I think.

You'd better read up to, leslie!

CherryPie said...

Oh gosh!!! those top two photos. How profound and cute :-)

MissKris said...

She is a beauty, Liz.