Saturday, June 11, 2011

Off on my travels again

This time it's to Derby ready for the funeral on Tuesday.

We're going via the library so I can pick up an audiobook. The theory is that it will keep me awake; the reality may be that I get so engrossed it'll be, 'Edinburgh Castle? When did they move that to Derby?'

I'm taking lemon cake and maple and pecan cookies with me plus sausage rolls Younger Son made so if we do get lost at least we can have a party.

I say 'we' meaning George and me again. Younger Son is coming up on the train on Monday.

Right-ho. Switch off now ...

7 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Hi Liz, I was so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law's passing. My condolences to all your family.

CherryPie said...

I hope it all goes well.

Ole Phat Stu said...

Tourist tip : if you are in Edinburgh anyway, on the way back drive via Selkirk. In Selkirk, take the back road to Moffat and turn off right to go via the reservoir. Take your camera! It's a single track switchback along the Meggett reservoir and has some spectacular scenery. You will emerge at Moffat right next to the motorway heading south, having had a pretty 20 mile diversion.

Photo here :-
http://home.egge.net/~savory//scotland001.jpg

Anonymous said...

Ignore my previous post. I really should pay more attention when scanning yr blog. Sorry.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Yes, thinking of you all, Liz. xxxx

Trubes said...

Sincere condolences to all the family Liz on your sad loss,

Di.xx

Liz Hinds said...

Thanks, Denise.

And cherrypie.

You should, yes, stu.

Thanks, welshcakes and trubes.