Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Finding love on Pwll Du

It was a lovely day for a walk around the cliffs and onto Pwll Du this morning. That was my excuse anyway for not going to slimming class. It was nothing to do with being scared to get on the scales after last week's eating frenzy.

And the beach, which is usually bereft of sticks, was littered with them, of all shapes and sizes. So many I wanted to bring home but Husband was being unco-operative about dragging tree trunks back through the lanes so I settled for this rather wonderful one.
Looking back I can't believe I didn't bring this stone home with me. But it was rather large and my pockets and hands were already full of sticks and stones so I made do with a photo.I am tempted to go back to the beach and look for it though ...

4 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

My hubby loves bringing home bits of wood from the beach .. I wonder if you are allowed to bring the stones/pebbles home .. found this on google..

wikipedia
In a BBC Radio 4 interview, [the novelist Ian] McEwan admitted to taking a few pebbles from Chesil Beach and keeping them on his desk while he wrote the novel [On Chesil Beach]. Protests by conservationists and a threat by Weymouth and Portland borough council to fine him £2,000 led the author to return the pebbles. "I was not aware of having committed a crime," he said. "Chesil Beach is beautiful and I'm delighted to return the shingle to it."

Liz Hinds said...

Oh gosh, not only am I going to be banned from feeding the homeless, I'll be banned from collecting pebbles too!

MadPriest said...

That is definitely Baby Jesus in the womb of Mary on that last photo. There could be an opportunity of making some serious dosh out of this. Can I be your business manager?

Unknown said...

Chesil beach is protected, if everyone took stones from there as souvenirs then it would cause a lot of problems to the natural nature reserve behind it as it reduced in size. People used to try to fill their boots with the stones for their gardens so they had to stop it happening.

Normal beaches you are legally allowed to take anything washed up by the sea....