Sunday, March 14, 2010

Lenten thanks 25


Still catching up with myself, for yesterday, I'll give thanks for friends and acquaintances. The photo shows Diane, at the piano, who hosted and played for our musical soiree last night, with Janet and Mike, our generous donors (they paid for the charity auction lot - music and supper for 8).

It was a pleasant evening but I'm not very good at just listening to music. I like to be able to move around or sing along. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to think about while the music playing. There's only so much an unmusical person like me can ponder on a piece of music. So I started wondering what everyone else was thinking about and how nice Janet's dress looked, and then I noticed that, because of the way he was sitting and the angle of the light, Husband's shadow looked like Homer Simpson - and that made me smile, which probably wasn't appropriate as Diane was playing the music from Schindler's List at the time.

But still it was a jolly evening and I was grateful to be invited.

1 comment:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Honestly ! Can't take you anywhere !!
Now will never be able to listen to that piece again ....