Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Driving home

Daughter bought me a box of Maltesers as a thank you. I said, 'Oh no, I'm on a diet!' But then I decided that the pleasure I get from a box of Maltesers far exceeds the calorie count.

* * * * * *

Driving home today I passed a van with fancy lettering on the side advertising Puss Free Catering.
'Puss Free? Puss Free?'

It took about 5 miles and a lot of brow furrowing before I worked out that it must have said Fuss Free. Then again some of these West Country folk do have strange ways ...

4 comments:

Leslie: said...

Lorne brought home a small bag of white and dark chocolate covered fruit/nuts but when I went to have a few, he muttered "Don't eat them all now! They're treats!" HUH!!! Have another beer, Lorne! :(

Devonshire Dumpling said...

We have strange ways?

Rump-a-durdle-ider-di-dum-ber-di-doh

jay said...

'Puss Free Catering' Hahahahaha!!! That's funny! I was thinking, maybe it's like selling something and advertising that it's from a 'Smoke Free' environment! ROFL!!

Glad you enjoyed your maltesers. Everyone needs to relax the diet a little bit from time to time.

Remember the ads? 'Maltesers! The sweet with the less-fattening centre' From the days of truly misleading advertising, of course. ;)

Liz Hinds said...

One rule for them and another for us, eh, leslie?!

Warbling Sid at it again, is he, DD?

Misleading ads, jay? never. The whole and complete truth.