Thursday, December 24, 2009

Yay! It's Christmas!

Nearly. And I'm ready!! We're off for our traditional Christmas Eve curry in a minute or two and then it's time to flop in front of the television. (Oh, yes, after I've wrapped Husband's presents!)


Today, in between shopping, cleaning and visiting I made a Christmas cake. I used Nigella's recipe for a cake with a difference. It was a bit over-cooked (a new oven you see!) but I've scraped off the burnt bits, and covered the rest in icing sugar and no-one will know.
And this was Zac's Christmas cake. My polar bears aren't quite as good as 'Kirstie's Homemade Christmas' ones but they amused me.

I'm planning on blogging again later to send Christmas wishes to one and all but in case I don't make it have a fabulous one!

4 comments:

Devonshire Dumpling said...

PLEASE SEND CAKE xxxxx

jams o donnell said...

Happy Chritsmas to you and yours Liz

jay said...

Mmm! Looks nice! What are those things in the middle? Is it crystallised fruit?

Why is it that we always end up wrapping hubby's gifts on Christmas Eve? I know I always do!

Merry Christmas!

Suburbia said...

Fab cakes, and I love the bears