Thursday, June 11, 2009

Proof if proof were needed

If you've read this blog for any time you may have gathered two things about me:
1) I can be a little bit twp on occasion;
2) I have been longing to be a granny.

Now before I tell you this story, which combines both these elements, I should say something in my defence.

Daughter had a sewing machine for her birthday; she's also a very good cook, and she'd said, 'be warned: everyone is getting home-made presents this year.'

So come Mother's Day weekend in March, Daughter and son-in-law came to stay, bringing me a lovely bunch of flowers. Later, when we were all sitting down, Daughter said, 'We do have another Mother's Day present for you but it won't be ready until November.'

Instantly Husband leapt up, very emotional, and began hugging them and saying, 'Wonderful news, well done.'

And I'm still sitting there thinking, 'Have I missed something?'

11 comments:

Rose said...

I'm a little slow on the uptake, too, Liz. Is that what twp means?
My son and daughter-in-law announced my last grandchild my having granddaughter tell me "I'm going to be a big sister!" It took her three tries before it registered in my brain:) November will be here before you know it! Are you shopping for baby things yet?

Liz Hinds said...

Oh yes, rose! Try stopping me!

nick said...

I guess you couldn't get much more home-made than that....

CalumCarr said...

Granny Liz ......

Jay said...

I didn't know you could make babies on a sewing machine! ROFL!

Seriously? I'd be like you, sitting there wondering what I'd missed! Imagine if you'd jumped to that conclusion and been wrong! LOL!

Gattina said...

Ah ! you lucky girl ! I wished I could get the same announcement ! But there is still nothing, sigh !

Furtheron said...

to be fair it was cryptic... I'd have missed it as well probably

James Higham said...

So ... er ... was it true?

Ellee Seymour said...

That sounds promising. The only presents I get from my sons are dirty washing.

Mauigirl said...

OMG, congratulations! You are, however, way too young looking to be a granny!

MaryB said...

Congratulations, Granny! I hope I have that kind of news soon.