Monday, June 01, 2009

lookity!

My baby zinnias in their bed!Some spare ones in pots in case the ones in the soil get eaten by George or anything else.
Some of our baby peaches.

We've put some large tubs in the courtyard - but I'm not letting myself post a photo until we have a new back door and it all looks hunky-dory - and Husband bought some bark bits to scatter over the tops. In the car the smell was quite nice and damp foresty but now it makes me think of elephants.

I have no idea why as I've never spent a long time in the company of elephants so am not really familiar with their smell. It must go back to the bad old days when elephants were in circuses.


5 comments:

Anna said...

put some slug pellets around them! Yours are bigger than mine. :) Typo in last paragraph - says 'not' when it should be 'now' I think???? XX

Suburbia said...

You always make me laugh Liz X

Katney said...

speaking of George, how's he doing lately? I don't think you've described any antics lately. has he grown up--out of the I'm going to get into anything I can--toddlerpup stage?

Rose said...

Your zinnias are bigger than mine, Liz! I think some bark that smells like elephants should certainly keep rabbits or other flower-eating critters away:)

Liz Hinds said...

Dad has some that say safe near dogs but they don't safe if eaten by dogs. But we put some down. Not a typo. Re-read.

Good, suburbia. x

And they've grown since I planted them, rose! I am so excited, checking them everyday. It's a wonder I haven't taken a tape measure out. Now there's an idea ...