Tuesday, April 14, 2009

You've never got a Tardis when you need one

We have four cars: Alfie (Porsche 244 - possibly), Betty Beetle, Brian Beetle (who's soft-top and only comes out in the summer) and the black car (Vectra estate).

So the plan today was to take the black car for its MOT and, when we collected it, to go shopping. Unfortunately the black car failed its MOT rather spectacularly and won't be ready until tomorrow at the earliest. Undaunted we went shopping in Alfie.

Now that would have been okay if we'd just been going for a loaf of bread and six eggs.

We wanted a wheelbarrow (a proper man's barrow) and a plum tree.

But Porsche think of everything. They'd helpfully supplied a mini tool set that included a spanner just the right size for removing wheelbarrow wheels (or rather wheel). And handles. And if you open the boot you can slide a plum tree in, pot first, so it sits at the feet of the passenger and pokes branches up the nose and in the ear of said passenger.

What we really needed was a Tardis and what do you know? Doctor Who was in Swansea! But I missed him ...

Postscript
Of course I mean Porsche 944 not 244. Husband was appalled at my ignorance.

10 comments:

CherryPie said...

That reminds me of some escapades with my last car!

Katney said...

I don't know what a Tardis is, but you can get all sorts of things into a PT Cruiser.

Anonymous said...

I don't like PT cruisers (sorry Katney).... I don't even fancy David Tennent (sp?).... I need a plum tree though.
4 cars - thats very posh Liz :0)

jmb said...

We have a station wagon and a sedan. I always seem to be making unscheduled visits to the nursery in the sedan and wishing I had the station wagon. Undaunted I manage to stuff the loot in somehow.

This post really resonated with me.

Puss-in-Boots said...

Give me a Tardis anytime, I love the way they can streeeeeetch. Anyway, well done with the Porsche...sounds like a very well kitted out car.

Suburbia said...

Sounds a lovely way to travel, except for the discomfort!

Furtheron said...

I had a PT Cruiser as a hire car in the USA once... horrible. (Sorry K) Only good thing was that it had satellite radio so I could listen to the BBC which was really odd.

Wheelbarrows - I have to admit the only one we have is a tiny kids one that was my wifes when she was a kid and then our kids used for a while. It's a bit the worse for wear now sadly.

jams o donnell said...

A Porsche Liz? Very swish! My 19 year old Toyota Corrola is mercifully capacious

Liz Hinds said...

You must tell us, cherrypie!

Katney, a Tardis is bigger on the inside than it looks on the outside. Outside it's an old-fashioned Police Box, inside it's a space ship!

Not really posh, amanda: they're all old cars!!

We manage, don't we, jmb?

Puss, we were impressed that the manufacturers had even considered the meachanics of whellbarrow moving!

Indeed, suburbia!

You mean you don't have a real man's barrow, furtheron!

Not really very swish, jams, although it is Husband's pride and joy. It's also lots of years old.

Jay said...

ROFL!! Dr Who was in Swansea but you missed him! Hahaha!

Well, looks like you managed just fine with your Porsche! We've done similar things with trees ... but not wheelbarrows. And we don't have a Porsche. Got a Beamer, but since it's only got two seats I doubt I'd get more than a pot plant in that! LOL!