Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Lasagne anyone?

The veg for the veggie lasagne before roasting. A bucketful of meat sauce.

It's been like Welshcakes's kitchen here today. Although Welshcakes wouldn't have used Dolmio sauces.
I offered to make lasagne for Zac's Place tonight and as usual I got the quantities wrong.
At one point I thought my saucepan had turned into the magic porridge pot. So I made three large ones for Zac's, one for Younger Son and, as there was still some left, one for the man in church whose wife is in hospital. Plus a veggie one.


It's difficult to estimate how much will be needed at Zac's because, by its nature, its clientele varies. On occasion, there've been up to thirty crowded in the small coffee bar; other times it might only be twelve. Still, any left can be frozen and will find a home somewhere I'm sure.
George hasn't left my feet during these cooking procedures, and when he snitched a parmesan pot (empty) he was happy as the cat with the cream.


3 comments:

Furtheron said...

I'm off out with some friends/colleagues tonight for a farewell dinner as they are leaving this week. I've ordered Lasagne... how coincidental is that.

CherryPie said...

Looks delicious :-)

Leslie: said...

Wow! looks awesome! My sweetie has been busy with the bbq, cooking up ribs, salmon, hamburgers, and soon we'll do steak! Yum!