Wednesday, April 15, 2009

George has been quiet for a while

'Well, if you ignore me, how else am I supposed to get in?'The scratched-away bit of the door is down to George; the frame was already rotten so he can't be blamed for that. Fortunately we had already planned to get a new back door as part of our new-look court-yard. (Did I tell you? No, I don't think I did. We decided against the conservatory/extension and are just going for the tidy-up and move things around treatment. I say 'just' but it's a major job involving door-making and painting, wall-demolishing and shed-moving - and that's just so far.)

So far it's gone from this ...
to this ...


to this.

5 comments:

Leslie: said...

Looking much tidier and more open now. I'm having my ensuite done - retiling all around the tub area, new window as it's leaking when I shower, and new tiled floor. I'll get the estimate today and I'm hoping and praying it won't put me in the poorhouse! lol

Dragonstar said...

And I agree with George - not fair ignoring a dog who likes to be noticed!
Looks very much clearer now, though I'm glad it's not us having all the work done. I like a quiet life!

nick said...

Probably sensible not to have a full-scale extension etc. Unless you really know what you're doing and get the right builder, it can end in tears. I've seen an awful lot of crummy extensions in my time.

Jay said...

Oh, it looks good! Perhaps you should thank George for making you do it! LOL!

Furtheron said...

Hmm that reminds me when was I going to start the patio.... oh yes 1995 I think... :-)