Thursday, April 16, 2009

Community and cake


The community cafe is open again during the holidays and I'm on duty over lunch today and I've made a chocolate cake to take with me. I'm not keen - and neither is Husband - on ordinary chocolate cake so I rarely make them but this one, from an internet recipe, does feel lovely and light. Although it is a bit sunken in the middle!
Postscript
We had more chocolate cakes than we knew what to do with in the cafe and we only sold one slice so I brought half of mine home. We'll have to eat it. It's a hard job but someone's got to do it.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

that looks really nice :0)

nick said...

I adore chocolate cake and that one looks like heaven. How dare you taunt me like that, I shall be salivating all afternoon.

jams o donnell said...

I hope you had many tasty trial runs Liz!

Anonymous said...

Your cake looks so tempting. This is the recipe you should stick to when you want to impress!
Wendy (Wales)

CherryPie said...

Reminds me of my Mum's chocolate cake, which is to die for!

Furtheron said...

Temptress! How is a man suppose to even contemplate a diet when you post a picture like that! have you no shame woman? :-)

Aileni said...

You just got to grin and bear it.

James Higham said...

That's cruel. I'm hungry just now.

Liz Hinds said...

Thanks, amanda. (I haven't forgotten what I'm supposed to be doing for you either!)

Mmmm, chocolatey, nick.

i didn't, jams, but I'll have to try again to see if I can get it right!

I think I will, wendy.

It must be time you visited your mum, cherrypie!

None at all, furtheron. mmmmmm, licks lips, yummy

Someone's has to, aileni!

pop over and I'll make one just for you, james.

Leslie: said...

Oh Liz! If only I lived next door to you! *sigh* *drool*

Devonshire Dumpling said...

send it down , send it down...a bit of "kike" is urgently required.

Dragonstar said...

Your nobility shines through! So much hardship undertaken with so little complaint!
Seriously Liz, the cake looks delicious.