Wednesday, February 18, 2009

There is a conspiracy afoot

Tuesdays to Thursdays I work at home. Last night and last Wednesday evening, with no urgent deadlines to meet, and feeling very tired, i decided I wouldn't set the alarm but would let my body wake me when it was ready.

Last Thursday morning my body woke me at 6.30. I was not happy with my body. I gave it a serious talking-to and finally dropped back to sleep to be woken at 7.15 by George barking to go out. I gave up and got up.

This morning my body tried to wake me at 6.45 but I battled and managed to ignore it. At 8.30 there was a knock on the door.
'Did I wake you?' said the (rather good-looking) workman.
'No, I always wander round the house in my dressing-gown with my hair on end and an exceptionally vacant look on my face.' (I didn't really say that.)

2 comments:

Anna said...

Why do you even answer the door at 8.30am? It cannot be that important. I often do not answer the door, even if the knocker can see me sitting on the other side of the window.

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

I`m the other way round...
And need to be dragged off my bed, by my 8 year old daugther!
Shame on me!
Debbie Moss