Wednesday, February 04, 2009

A light came on!

The bulb above my head lit up the woods today! Eureka! I've worked out what's wrong with my monologue.

There are sentences that I stumble over each time I practise it. Now I know why: because they're laboured, they're not natural and they just don't work. So it's red pen time. Now that may sound obvious but when you've written something and nurtured it, it's sometimes hard to spot the fool's gold.

But there's genuine gold in West Wing. Younger Son has just started watching season 1 and it's making life very difficult for me. Every time I pass the television when it's on I have to stop and watch a bit. And a bit more. And a bit more.

3 comments:

Rose said...

I came over to see your ABC post--cute chipmunk, by the way--but discovered so many other tidbits I wanted to comment on. Have you never seen West Wing before? It was one of my very favorite shows--I always wanted to vote for Jed Bartlett for President:) If you start watching it, you'll be hooked for sure.

I see you had snow, too; I think mini-skirts shrink when it's cold:)

Liz Hinds said...

Younger Son suggested that answer too, rose.

Yes, I've seen all of West Wing and adore it - which is why it's so hard to ignore it now! Jed for President definitely!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I used to be addicted to West Wing though I never understood what was going on!