Friday, January 02, 2009

Traditional Christmas customs

It was freezing when I got into work this morning (still central heating problems). Then my computer started misbehaving. Whatever program I opened, if I tried to scroll down, it flicked me back to the start. Down, flick! Down, flick!! Is it any wonder I thought it was Monday?

And now I am home and indulging in that age-old pastime of going through the remaining Quality Street to see how many of the ones I like are left. I have sorted out a pile of strawberry ones - bleurgh - and a pile of orange ones - bleurgh again, plus coconut eclairs and the ones I like. I forced myself to sample the coconut ones but I've found that the more I eat the less I like them.

The only good thing is that, because I couldn't tell the difference between the orange and brown wrappers in subdued lighting, I find I have an unexpectedly large pile of brown (toffee) ones left. That is a nice surprise.

4 comments:

Gledwood said...

I used to have a thing about wrapping presents in Manilla coloured paper... thought it would make the contents look MORE exciting once opened rather than being outglittered as they (arguably) are by over-glistery paper...

hope you're having a great 2009 Liz!

;->...

Berni said...

Quality Street was always part of the Christmas fare when I was a child at my Grandmother's flat. Also those dates in the long oval packages with the camel on the front. She used to get figs too and Christmas but I have never liked those.

CherryPie said...

It is the celebrations with me. The Mars ones always get left!

Linda said...

I like the nutty ones best but they always go so quickly.