Saturday, January 24, 2009

Just another Saturday in Wales

Remember my splinter? Jay suggested using magnesium sulphate on it - and it worked! Thanks, Jay. It's like magic. I put the paste on a couple of times and it's drawn the splinter to just below the skin so I can see it. It's like a sort of magic sucky stuff. I wonder if black holes are made of magnesium sulphate. All I have to do now is stick a needle in to break the skin and get it out ...

As I write this George is outside eating sprout leaves. They're all that remains from the rubbish he set free from a black bag and was happily tucking into when I found him earlier in the week. I cleared most of it up but figured sprout leaves and carrot peelings would make good compost. Looks like they won't last that long.


We have a new door mat outside our front door. George doesn't like it. He jumps over it. Or tries to eat it if I'm not watching. Another reason for him to be phobic about going out the front.


In about half an hour we're off to watch the Ospreys play Leicester at the Liberty Stadium. It's a crucial game with a place in the quarter-finals of the Heineken Cup at stake. The Ospreys have to win by a clear 8 points to be sure of getting through. Judging by recent performances there's more chance of George turning down a snack. Ah well.


8 comments:

Katney said...

Maybe George is just processing the compost.

No?

Years ago when I was a SAHM in one of two apartments below a doctor's and dentist's office, I dogsat for the folks in the other apartment. I would take Gus out a couple of times a day. Usually, when I came in to get Gus, he had knocked over the garbage can in the kitchen. I would pick up the trash and put it back in the can, but not sweep up. If it was nearly empty, you wouldn't notice it had been dumped out. If it was fuller, then it was more obvious. The folks thought Gus only knocked it over if it was full. Ha!

jmb said...

I see Tom Paine will be at the match so give him a wave.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Dear George. Simi used to bring earth in and deposit it on the carpet so eating the doormat is not so bad!

Puss-in-Boots said...

Use George instead of an worm farm...one way of getting compost.

Lindsay said...

Watched the Leicester/Ospreys match on Sky - the result - presumably Ospreys reach a quarterfinal place?

Anonymous said...

So who won the footy match?

Anonymous said...

Nice to know we two bloggers were in the same place and cheering for the same team, even if we didn't get to meet. The Liberty Stadium is remarkably posh. It was a much more up-market experience than I expected.

Liz Hinds said...

I bet Gus looked so innocent too!

I wish i'd known before, jmb.

I suppose I should be grateful that george didn't bring it in, welshcakes!

Urrgh, puss!

Not necessarily, Lindsay. More complicated than that. In fact i'd better check some other results.

The Ospreys won the rugger, mutts.

It is a nice stadium, tom.