Thursday, January 15, 2009

I didn't take my camera!

I nearly always take my camera with me on walks but today was a boringly grey day, and, as my pockets are always bulging with doggy bags, treats, hats, gloves, tissues and keys, I decided I wouldn't today. After all you've seen lots of photos from our cliff walks.

However the day that was boring in our back-garden was full of energy round the cliffs. The tide was high and there was a big swell so when the waves crashed against the rocks the spray rose high as the cliff path in places. And on our way back the clouds parted to allow a circle of yellow morning light to break through and illuminate the white horses out at sea.

So that's what you missed because I forgot my camera.

I much prefer the cliffs in the rain. No, not prefer exactly. It's just different. Wilder, exhilarating and, best of all, no miserable Sunday walkers. Just me and George ... and Mair. Who's Mair do I hear you say? She's someone I'll introduce you to in another post.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds lovely. I like cliff-walking when it's stormy, although I'm not fussed on rain. Where did you go?

Dragonstar said...

It's always the same when you don't have your camera!

jmb said...

I didn't take my camera today on my walking group outing and I saw two bald eagles sitting in a tree. Grrr.