Tuesday, November 25, 2008

ABC Wednesday - S

When we were first married I trusted Husband implicitly. If he said something, he was right. I was amazed at his wide-ranging knowledge and wisdom. Whenever we discussed anything he would have statistics and facts to back up his arguments.

Then one day I caught him out. And I discovered that he'd been creative with his 'facts' for a very long time: if he didn't know something he'd make it up. Now it's a family joke. The Sons do the same thing. 'Just blag it,' they say. I blame the father. Whoever he is.

So I couldn't resist this photo opportunity in Monroe's Diner in Clearwater Valley.

And in spite of that, She Loves You, yeah, yeah, yeah!

Continuing with the theme of Beatles' songs for ABC Wednesday Round 3, She Loves You was released in 1963, and was their best-selling UK single.

To take part in ABC Wednesday Round 3, go here.

xx

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

You wriggled out of that one rather well, I thought.

Dragonstar said...

Liz, I love this post!

Oh, and the song's good, too.

CherryPie said...

LOL , that is rather naughty ;-)

Anonymous said...

rofl!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Well done, I do you would deliver the goods. What is up with linky.

Rambling Woods said...

That makes me think of my Father. To get us to eat something we didn't like, he told us that liverwurst was magical and came from the isle of wurst...instead of a liver...I still hate the stuff..

My ABC Wednesday Post

Leslie: said...

Aw, that's a good one! Did he realise the sign was above his head?

She loves you, yeah yeah yeah yeah!

Rose said...

I'm beginning to think all husbands are alike:)

Oh, yes, I remember watching the Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show back in 63 or 64 singing "She Loves You" and swooning! Do you know I used to write fan letters to Ringo while sitting in math class? Funny, he never answered any of them. And believe it or not, a group of my friends sang this song for a talent show in German. Can you tell I was one of those crazy teenage fans of the Beatles?

Furtheron said...

You mean women don't do that... I thought everyone did... :-)

Liz Hinds said...

Me, aileni?!

Thank you, dragonstar.

The sign or Husband, cherrypie?!

Tee hee, amanda.

Thanks, babooshka.

It must be a man thing, rambling woods.

Yes, he did, leslie.

You and me both, rose!

Of course not, furtheron!

Rune Eide said...

Reminds me of course of "Three men in a boat".

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! I know people like that!

She Loves You ... I remember when that came out, too. I was a little young to be one of the screamers at the barriers, but my neighbour was a huge fan. She took me to see HELP! when it arrived in the local cinema. I think she just wanted someone to go with! It was kind of her, though!

Three Men In A Boat - great book!

Bear Naked said...

All your ABC Wednesday posts bring back many memories but especially today with that SONG.

Bear((( )))

Miss_Yves said...

Great song !
I suppose
that your
story caracterizes english jokes !
-The sign is funny!

ArneA said...

Do not know how to link up to ABC anymore. Seams I have to use name and password.
Is there a registration or am I banned
:)