Thursday, September 04, 2008

What possessed me ...

to go out without a coat? Pleading that it's summer and it's not going to rain doesn't really hold water - unlike my cardi, t-shirt, shorts, hair and George. But the skies did look clearish, bright even. And really it wasn't that bad at first. It rained while I was blackberrying but we hid under a tree. I tried to tell George if he kept eating the tree there'd be no shelter for us but he didn't listen.

And then it was fine until we were about 10 minutes from home. That's when God emptied his bathtub on us. I tried sheltering again but the trees were as good as useless the rain was coming down so furiously. Having to go and rescue George who kept trying to play with a boxer who wanted to eat him didn't help, so we gave up and walked home, dripping.

By the way, the green bag in my hand isn't full of poo but blackberries. Actually if I hadn't stopped to pick them we'd have got home before the rain. Ah, but then we wouldn't have had blackberry and apple crumble to look forward to ...

Those are my old leaky boots I'm wearing. I don't want to get my new ones dirty, and I need to break them in around the house first. Except my feet have so many blisters and plasters I don't want to wear anything on them unless I have to.

10 comments:

Shades said...

My word, you do look bedraggled!

Dragonstar said...

Oh Liz - what a mess! At least you have your tasty tea to look forward to.

CherryPie said...

Ooops! You look a bit drowned!

I bet the blackberries made up for it!

Rose said...

So funny, Liz--I just came in from picking apples in the rain! Coconut (Daughter's Pomeranian) insisted on going with me and now he looks like a wet white rat:)

Leslie: said...

You may look a bit bedraggled, but you look like a teen-aged bedraggled - and happy with those blackberries!

Anonymous said...

Well, not to worry - the water will drain back out of the boots.
That photo is priceless.
Hope your phone stayed dry - or camera. Can't ring them out.

Anonymous said...

My oh my.. that looks wet and chilly. And in dare need of a hot cuppa tea! ;) Happy weekend.

Anonymous said...

Lovely picture. I think that George was enjoying himself the most - plenty of rain and mud - just the job for a young thrusting dog!
Loved the comment from aileni about the water draining down and out through your boots.
Wendy (Wales)

Anonymous said...

George,
we have this suggestion for you :evil grin: ; go read

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/7599899.stm

Suburbia said...

I must addmit I did think of you today after listening to the radio and hearing about the flooding in Wales. I hope your home is high up?

My mums old dog used to eat all the blackberries she could reach straight from the bushes!!