Sunday, June 22, 2008

I blame Sainsburys

In Sainsburys yesterday, in an attempt to get my healthy eating regime back on track I bought some Ryvita crispbread. As Younger Son is away, bread goes stale before it gets eaten, so Ryvita seemed a good option.

Then I saw them.

Cadburys Chocolate Fingers, Buy One get One Free. I paused, stared at them. My hand hovered over the familiar purple boxes. I picked up two packets, turned ... and stopped. I sighed and replaced them on the shelf. I walked away.

I'd gone three steps when I spun round, grabbed two packets, threw them in the trolley and rushed away before I could regret it. (Not that regret would be in any way genuine or real.)

If there is anything more addictive than Cadburys Chocolate Fingers I wouldn't like to meet it.

* * * * * * * *

Also in Sainsburys I handed over Husband's suit for cleaning. And - and I can hardly face you as I write this - repair. Repair in as much as one trouser leg hem needed re-hemming. I could have sewn it up myself. And saved money. But £4.95 is a small price to pay if it means I don't have to pick up a needle. I hate sewing with a passion that I normally reserve for rugby.

* * * * * * * *

Oh, yes, remember those 15 plants I bought and planted all by myself a week or so ago? Well, three are in their death throes and four have been eaten. And I'm talking ever so nicely to them.

12 comments:

MissKris said...

I have a little something for you here:

http://missykrissy2005.blogspot.com/2008/06/sharing-love.html

Anonymous said...

Imho ANYTHING covered in chocolate is addictive. I would eat Ryvita if they were covered in chocolate ;0)

Suburbia said...

Have you ever tried this with choc fingers?
Bite off a small bit of both ends. Put one end in a hot cup of tea then try to suck up the hot tea through the choc finger. Once a little tea has reached the sucking end eat the finger. It has been said to be better than sex (!) but this depends on your perspective ;)

You must have some left to try it with, surely?

Barbara said...

They are bogof in Tesco too! I resisted - not that I am gloating, they would have disappeared too quickly and ended up on the hips!

Puss-in-Boots said...

Oh Lordy, Liz. I bought some Cadbury's Chocolate Fingers a couple of weeks ago...and, yes, you guessed it, a short time later (I won't say how short) they were all gone...woe is me.

For my sins, I can now feel the extra kilos. I refuse to go back to the biscuit aisle of Woolworths (well that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

Have a good week.

Susan said...

Oh my I am not sure what a chocolate finger is but almost anything covered in chocolate is to die for~but I sure would like to try what Suburbia suggested. However I would need to substitute coffee for the hot tea.

Rose said...

Of course it's Sainsbury's fault--with our economy I never pass up a 2 for 1 deal! Hershey's makes a dark chocolate nuggest with truffle filling--absolutely heaven! They're getting harder to find, so when I do find them at a store, I have to buy several bags.

I don't mind sewing, but I hate mending. Luckily, my mother, the expert seamstress, doesn't live far away!

As to your plants, don't feel bad. I've killed so many plants I've lost count, usually before they ever got planted! I've found they don't care for conversation as much as lots of water.

Anonymous said...

Penguin biscuits!

Anonymous said...

I don't blame you, Liz! It IS Sainsbury's fault and you should sue them if you gain an ounce! lol

Sorry to hear about your plants. I put four in my garden today and it will be insteresting to see if they "take." I don't really have a green thumb at all. :(

By the way, my Welsh friend Jane is arriving next Sunday! I'm so excited - see my post.

Leslie: said...

I don't know why that posted as "anonymous" but it was me, Leslie in Canada.

Lindsay said...

Jacob's Orange filled chocolate biscuits - I actually eat the whole packet in one go! As for sewing anything at all - not me! I prick fingers and always cotton ties itself in a knot or slips off the needle. Husband sews on own buttons so as not to listen to the swearing from me! Love to George from Rescue Dog

Anonymous said...

Blogging Request.

Liz, why don't you give us some of the juicy details that your local papers are reporting about people seeing UFOs over South Wales and the Bristol Channel, please?