Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Husband, the Spade and the Freshly-dug Earth

Last year I adopted a bit of overgrown garden to develop into my own little flower bed. I cleared it and dug it and then Husband came with me to buy some plants. He planted the plants and very fine they looked.

Some of them survived until this summer but there were still gaps so, on Sunday, I went out on my own and bought some more plants. It was a little difficult as I had to ask passing shoppers, 'Do these come every year?'
'No, dear, these are annuals.'
But how can you tell the difference?

I brought them home and planted them myself! All on my own. I was very impressed. I'm just hoping my outdoor gardening is better than my indoor: I only have to be in the same room as a plant for it to die.

I checked on them yesterday: they hadn't grown but they were still alive.

And as I'm writing this I realise that I am creating more circumstantial evidence in the case of the Husband, the Spade and the Freshly-dug Earth. Can one be arrested, on the strength of one's blog, for a crime that hasn't been committed?

4 comments:

Furtheron said...

Well the evidence is mounting isn't it. A photo showing your husband with a significant head wound you claim was self inflicted. A lost spade that may have been the weapon in the attack or used to hide the body and possibly with forensic evidence on it... very convenient that is lost isn't it? And now newly dug flower bed with you claim flowers that won't grow....

Good job this is the UK and not some countries where I'm affraid you'd have already been locked up and the key thrown away.... Oh appears you've already done that with the shed.... did you let the electric man out before you re-attached the lock or are the constabulary needing to open other case? :-)

Liz Hinds said...

Oh, do I have to let the electric man out? I thought I could keep him in the shed and bring him out when I needed things done, seeing as Husband is no longer around. Oh whoops! That's a giveaway, isn't it?

CherryPie said...

Well I hope he is feeling better now :-)

Leslie: said...

LOL LOL LOL