Tuesday, June 24, 2008

He's even eaten the recipe!

I've spent most of the morning in the kitchen cooking. George has been ... helping. Currently scattered over the kitchen floor, as well as the beads that got away, we have a munched Sainsburys bag, several chewed-up small plastic bags, shredded silver foil and onion skins. I left him alone briefly and returned to the kitchen to find him eating my recipe.

And if I let him out in the garden, he runs away. I retrieved him just now from down the road where he was rummaging in a neighbour's skip. The workmen waved to me. They're used to George.

It's worse than having a toddler under your feet. Ah, yes, and that's his favourite place to sleep: at, or preferably on, my feet. I don't mistake this for love; I know he's just hoping I'll drop something tastier than onion skins.

And I shout at him and he comes and sits at my feet and looks at me with his big dark soulful eyes. And I say, 'Oh, George,' and tickle him under his chin.

9 comments:

Suburbia said...

You have a lot of patience.

Anonymous said...

Actually George sounds a lot like my toddler ;0)



Hippy Mama

Anonymous said...

Oh and Happy Anniversary :0)


Hippy mama

Anonymous said...

Oh I say, sounds like my type of boy!
LOL!

I am being good today...I had my walk so I am a bit tired.

Lindsay said...

At least you do not have to recycle much!

caroline said...

Happy Anniversary to you both.
George is being naughty lately!! cant help but smile :0)

jmb said...

Next time you need to get a one year old whose been through obedience training! I think he's half goat.

Maggie May said...

Pity he won't be starting school!

Dragonstar said...

Well what else can you do? I've always told people that having a dog (or worse, two!) is like having toddlers around. They're just made for exploring and investigating, and they don't mean to be naughty. And they're so packed full with love that you can't stay mad.