Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Happy anniversary to us!

On our 25th wedding anniversary Husband was away having fun, playing with the marines; I was at home cooking lunch for a big group of people. Today on our 30th wedding anniversary Husband is away having fun, doing outdoor pursuits; I am at home cooking dinner for a big crowd of people.

It's a good job:
a) I love Husband;
b) I love cooking.
We had a lovely card from Shirl - thank you! - but because it was shiny, it didn't scan well, so this is the card we had from Sister-in-law.
And it's suburbia's anniversary today too. Pop over and have say hello!
P.S. I've waited all day and the postman didn't bring me a card from Husband ...

18 comments:

Lindsay said...

Congratulations - sorry Husband is away. Have a good day!

Anonymous said...

Fascinating picture which encourages conjecture. At least it denores a common interest
Happy Anniversary.

Furtheron said...

30 years! That's pearl isn't it? Hope you've reminded him of that repeatedly... :-)

I'm just not going there with the picture as there's a thousand hidden meanings running through my head

Chervil said...

Congratulations! 30 years is a great achievement and well worth celebrating.

Tim Atkinson said...

You both look very good on it! And keeping balance so well, too!

Elsie said...

Congratulations to you both. Bet you can't wait until he returns home to celebrate.

Suburbia said...

Happy Anniversary! It's mine today too. 13 years (unlucky for some) and Husband forgot! Can you believe it? He looked so sorry when he realised that all I could do was laugh. That's how you treat George isn't it? Strange !!

masgblog said...

Priceless picture. Congratulations!

mdmhvonpa said...

That is a mighty peculiar way to spend an anniversary ...

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary, honeybear.

{{{Liz}}}

Baht At said...

well done - 25 years is quite an achievement. Looking back over 25 years I can safely say that I'm in connact with less than 10% of the people I considered vital to my life then.

Leslie: said...

Man I wish I had that butt!

It "would have been" our 35th yesterday.

Have a good one today and maybe another belated one with hubby. :D

Susan said...

Happy Happy Anniversary~love the picture on the card! Too cute!

jmb said...

Happy anniversary and congratulations Liz to you both. What a card!

Anonymous said...

Someone sent us that card last year - couldn't have come to a more inappropriate household really! At least you & hubby are active! Wouldn't like to be him when he surfaces...

CherryPie said...

congratulations :-)

What a fun card!

Liz Hinds said...

Thank you for all your good wishes!

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Happy Anniversary, sorry its late..Love the card :-)