Sunday, June 29, 2008

Eating out in Mumbles

Yesterday morning I said to Husband, 'I've booked a table for us for tonight.'
'I thought you didn't want to go out.'

Honestly we've been married 30 years and he still doesn't know what I mean when I say something. Just because I said, 'Nah, I can't be bothered,' he thought it meant I didn't want to go out for a meal. Men!

So we went to Labaire's Restaurant in Mumbles and it was super. In a nice small and simple restaurant, the two girls serving were very pleasant and the food was yummy. I had cockle and crab risotto for starters, followed by sea bass on pesto mash. Followed by lemon and raspberry posset. (After I'd found out what a posset was - a Victorian mousse-like cream.) Husband had pigeon (bit tough) and bream (very tasty). He didn't have pudding because he's not a piggy.

So we finally got to celebrate our anniversary together. The card, meanwhile, is still in post ...

5 comments:

CherryPie said...

It all sound delicious :-)

Perhaps the card will turn up in time for next year ;-)

Suburbia said...

I thought posset was what babies did on your shoulder!!
Glad you celebrated in the end (blooming men!)
Perhaps my card was posted in the same box!

Dragonstar said...

I was convinced the card would arrive back in his pocket! Well, the post can be erratic - my daughter sent a parcel from Wales three weeks ago, and it still isn't here. Sounds like you had a good evening out.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad.

Leslie: said...

Seafood isn't as "heavy" as fowl, so you had room for the dessert. Glad you got to have dinner out. But where IS that card? lol