Wednesday, April 16, 2008

April showers

Sean introduced me to April last night. She's a rough sleeper, a little dwt of a woman. April was telling us she'd had a bad day for a variety of reasons including the fact that she'd called an ambulance for a young lad she'd found slumped, and she'd ended up spending a long time with him in hospital. It had been that sort of day so when she was walking through the park and a man jumped out of the bushes at her, she was ready. 'I'd had enough. I left him lying there. I couldn't be bothered by that then. I'd had enough.'

With her stature she can only be half my weight and she'd knocked a grown man to the ground. Good for her. He won't be trying that again in a hurry.

Afterwards Sean told me a little of April's incredible story. Most rough sleepers have them. They don't end up on the road for fun.
xx

4 comments:

Dragonstar said...

Good for April!

CherryPie said...

I think you have a sad story to tell...

Leslie: said...

I'm glad she decked him! But I'm not sure I understand what you mean by a "rough sleeper." or "dwt"

Are those Welsh expressions?

Liz Hinds said...

She's a character certainly, dragonstar.

But it's not mine so I can't, cherrypie, much as I would like to.

Leslie, a rough sleeper is someone who is homeless, sleeping on the street or in the park. A dwt (pronounced doot as in foot) is - I don't actually know! I was going to say 'a small person or creature' but it's usually accompanied by the word little, making it a 'little small person'!