Tuesday, April 01, 2008

War of words

When setting out on our walk today I was saying to George, 'You are very stupid but we do love you,' when I walked into a lamp-post. George looked at me. I said, 'Don't say anything!'
He raised his eyebrows. 'Why do I need to say anything when your actions are eloquence enough?'
I was about to retort, 'This from a dog who eats horse poo,' when I stopped. If I took that route it would lead to a name-calling war, one that I would surely lose. George may be stupid but he is articulate.

8 comments:

Joy Des Jardins said...

You have some VERY interesting conversations with George. Is he a good listener Liz? Nevertheless, he's very lucky to have you....and your input.

mdmhvonpa said...

Stepping back from the brink of an Ad-Homenim attack ... Eloquent!

Gledwood said...

George has eaten horse-pooze? Dear me! And I was about to remark how like a white Baby Itchy the guy actually is... though did you know hamsters do snack on their own droppings? They do apparently 2 different pooze; a first (edible) poopoo and a second "been-through-the-system-twice" poopooze and that's INedible.... so perhaps George has more in common with Baby Itchy than first furry glance would testify... I can't see Baby Itchy inter-species poo-poo snacking, however. Picknicking upon horse-pooze would be too disgusting even for her

ps our Gledeber once ate her pooze: it is called "copraphagia" so I hear! eeuuuuu/!!//////////////

James Higham said...

Humility is a virtue, as I try to beat into my brain daily.

Barbara said...

Oh dear! Did George go around the lamp post with you, I often used to get tangled up with lamp posts when walking dogs.

Leslie: said...

This is hilarious - both Mr. Bean AND your repartee with George! lol

jmb said...

What a pair you are.

MissKris said...

That sounds like the same kind of conversation little Miss Chloe dog and I have. I do declare this little pooch is half-human. She understands me better than anyone else I know.