Monday, March 10, 2008

Seven good things in life

I was tagged for this meme by Grendel a few days ago. There were a couple of good things that instantly popped into my mind but the rest I'm hoping will come to me as I write.

1. After reading the post on Grendel's site about the meme, I then read his next post which was about happiness. So then I got confused and began thinking that the title of the meme was 'Seven things that make me happy'. Allow me to claim that they're almost sort of the same thing, and include on my list my happy pills. I've written about them (seroxat) recently and explained how they changed my life. Anyway I definitely consider them a good thing.

2. Husband, children and dog. (I might change this and make it three separate items if I run out of ideas.)

3. A Wales win in rugby. Not so long ago it would have been a Wales defeat but not by too many points; right now a Grand Slam would be the very best of good things in life!

4. Chocolate. Which hasn't passed my lips for 33 days now.

5. Living on the edge of Gower, Britain's first designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.

6. Bread and cheese.

7. Being able to make people laugh. If I were someone else and not me, or in a different life, I would love to be a stand-up comedian. It's great when someone says my writing made her cry (for the right reasons), but even better when it makes people laugh out loud (for the right reasons).

Now I've left out so many things. In Zac's the other night I looked around and knew that everyone I could see had problems of some sort or another. I'm happy and my life's great. To list merely seven good things about it is inadequate, so this list is just a random selection.

I will tag: cherrypie, jams, mutley (although that may be asking for trouble), and furtheron, if they want to do it.
xx

5 comments:

jmb said...

Very good list Liz. Chocolate made mine too and I have not had it since the beginning of Advent.
Bread and cheese? Sounds rather Oliver Twistish. Of course you must mean some kind of fancy bread and extremely fancy cheese! No? Well we are all different, as we saw yesterday.

Leslie: said...

Yesterday, my daughter and I went for a late lunch/early supper at the White Spot (a very well-known place in BC). She had the bread pudding with caramel toffee sauce! Oh it looked so good. I offered some of mine for her to taste (apple crumble) but she declined as she knew she'd have to offer me some of hers in return. LOL

Anonymous said...

I shall do the tag Ms Liz! I only just saw this - blogger has been playing up a bit or it might be my internets in this weather...

Liz Hinds said...

Not very fancy, jmb. Just fresh French bread and cheddar cheese will do for me.

I can't imagine why your daughter didn't fall for that, leslie!

Everybody's blogger has been behaving badly, mutters.

CherryPie said...

Yes!!! Blogger is bad at the moment.

Will think about my seven good things and post soon :-)