Sunday, March 09, 2008

Cliff walk to Caswell

The first violets of the year. It's always a special time for me spotting the first violets peeking their heads up. There were loads of people round the cliffs this morning (because when we set off the sun was shining - by the time we returned it was hail-stoning) but I wonder how many of them noticed these tiny little beauties. Sunday morning isn't really a good time to walk the cliffs: they tend to be full of Sunday walkers, surly, "out for the fresh air and we're going to enjoy it if it kills us" walkers. George has the beach to himself.
xx

6 comments:

CherryPie said...

Oh wow! I love that picture of George on the beach :-)

Leslie: said...

I enlarged the photo and it looks like George is laughing as he runs along that gorgeous stretch of beach!

Gledwood said...

Liz: that bottom photo what a wonderful stretch of Welsh beach...

you know I grew up (teenage years) fairlymuch nearby (Cardigan, Carmarthen etc etc)... maybe I didn't tell you that...

places like "Laugharne" (laugh-arne?) ring many a bell with me... Dylan Thomas-ville... etc...

thanks for your post-Itchy-dunk message I don't feel such a tyrannical cruella-b*****d now (poor tiny Itchy, swimming in that bucket!)

take care Liz!

;->...

xxx

Gledwood said...

oh Liz!

I just clicked on that pic... George's face... he even looks like a happy little swine... aww! How exceedingly cutesome!!

Dragonstar said...

George has really decided he likes the big wide world!

Those violets are beautiful. Can't wait for ours, then I'll know it's spring!

Thoughts said...

Another fabulous picture! George looks (albeit distantly) so happy to be there! That really is a great picture...