Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Blogpower, I wonder?

I'm not sure if there is any point remaining in Blogpower. There are those on the list I visit and who visit me: that wouldn't change. I have visited everyone and usually try to leave a comment. The number of people on the list who have never come near my blog (to my knowledge) or who certainly haven't left a comment is far greater than those who do/have. I can't see that changing. While jmb and shades are doing a fine job of admin, Blogpower has lost its heart I think. Yet I am reluctant to give up.

The same goes for the Over-50 roll too I suppose. Perhaps I'll cut my roll down to people I like to visit. That makes more sense.

6 comments:

Shades said...

I know what you mean. When we struggle to even find a third admin and have no real driving force then we are simply treading water going through the motions.

If we all turn our backs on it though it might just wither away.

Or, it could rise Phoenix-like with new impetus, if people really want it to continue.

jmb said...

What can I say? It's a struggle to keep some interest in the group as such. I think every member has a different idea of what BP is and an awful lot of them think it is just a banner and being on a blogroll.

I think the heart went out of it when it got over a certain number of members. When it became unwieldy to visit everyone.

It's not going down on my watch, she says firmly! Hopefully.

ThunderDragon said...

I know how you feel. I do too. And I also need to trim my blogroll...

sally in norfolk said...

I now visit the blogs i enjoy reading the most :-)

Leslie: said...

Why IS there a "blogpower"? Is there a particular purpose for it? Did it have a "theme" or is it just a group of people who visit each others' sites? I've found so many interesting blogs to visit that it's impossible to keep up with them all.

Colin Campbell said...

I think most of the original members must think along these lines on a weekly (or daily) basis. I think on balance that the positives outweigh the negatives.