Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

It's Daughter and Son-in-law's anniversary today. I think she said it's 5 years. Is it really that long? It must be as Elder Son has been married almost a year. Doesn't time fly? Yes, you're right: it is time for them to have babies. I've been saying that since ... they got back from honeymoon. Not that I'm desperate for grandchildren or anything like that.

* * * * * * * * *

I'm pleased to say that Younger Son was also unable to open the DVD box. I'm pleased because that means it wasn't stupidity on my part; I'm not pleased because we'll have to break open the box to get at the DVD.

Last night I intended to watch one episode of Grey's Anatomy but it turned out to be a two-parter so obviously I had to watch both parts. It was the one where there's a bomb in the hospital (patient). I never watch hospital dramas as a rule as I'm very squeamish and susceptible to suggestion (after the last episode of Grey's Anatomy I did begin to wonder if I had the flesh-eating disease) but Grey's is so gruesome and so totally implausible, I can cope with it. If you see what I mean.

McDreamy is another reason for watching it. His acting abilities aren't tested; he only has one pose. You know the one? Head tilted a little to the left, the merest hint of a smile on his slightly open lips, liquid-eyes seeing into your soul. You know, just an ordinary everyday look.

P.S. I tried to post a photo but Blogger won't let me.
xx

4 comments:

Dragonstar said...

We bought a DVD like that. The shop hadn't removed the security seal, and they never gave us a receipt, so we didn't dare take it back (they'd have claimed we stole it!) It took a lot of work levering with a screwdriver to get the seal out, and we nearly damaged the DVD. If you have a receipt, take it back for opening.

Anonymous said...

I would suggest a hacksaw...

I Like both Casualty and Holby City meself and that weird one on ITV in the afternoons..... The Royal and Doctors on the Beeb... I really must get a job...

Leslie: said...

I've been watching Grey's Anatomy since it began but due to the writers' strike there haven't been any new episodes lately. Strike is finally over but new shows won't be aired until the spring. Can hardly wait...

Anonymous said...

Careful about asking for the babies, Liz - I was under that sort of pressure but Son No1 took 3 years! They might be really trying - you never know.